The Eleventh Mali Symposium on Applied Sciences (MSAS 2020) will be held in Bamako from Sunday, August 2 – Saturday, August 8, 2020. The conference will be open to students and researchers in industry and in the academy and will enable engineers and scientists to present their research findings. The conference will cover applied sciences in a broad sense.
Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Information and Communication Technologies, Engineering Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Agriculture, Livestock Management and Rural Development, Mechanical and Civil Engineering, Engineering and Industrial Applications, Medicine, Life Sciences and Public Health, Economics and Finance, Social Sciences, Arts, Education and Languages
MSAS 2020 will be divided into three events: mini-symposia (organized by scientific discipline), plenary sessions, and special workshop sessions. These events will be coordinated to provide a comprehensive and well-balanced program.
The goal of the special workshops is to stress interactive and open discussions in preference to sequential presentations. It should bring together a group of knowledgeable people focusing on a current or potential "hot topic" of interest to our society.
Plenary sessions consist of an invited introductory 50-minute tutorial, in addition to contributed papers on the program. Presentations will be in the form of presented papers and/or poster displays.
Mini-symposia provide a format for a focused exploration of particular issues or techniques within a traditional presentation framework; in these cases too, adequate time should be reserved for questions and general discussion.
EasyChair paper submission site, click here!
Participants to the plenary sessions should submit an extended abstract (3 to 5 pages) using EasyChair conference website.
The extended abstract, which should not exceed four pages, has to clearly explain the approach and the results of the research, and present a compelling case since it forms the basis for the acceptance or rejection of the paper. The accepted papers will be published in the Symposium Proceedings. The deadline for the submission of the papers is December 31, 2019. An announcement of acceptance/rejection will be sent on March 31, 2020. The scientific committee will evaluate all submitted papers and decide which ones will be delivered as oral presentations or presented as posters.
Call for Workshops and Mini-Symposium Sessions
Note: The workshop or mini-symposium organizer will be responsible for advertising the session, reviewing and selecting the papers.
Organizing a Session:
Participants interested in organizing a single session should submit a proposal to the conference organizers no later than December 31, 2019. Organizers will identify the topics, secure speakers for selected topics, and provide other information as needed.
Prospective session organizers should consider the following items before submitting their proposal.
- There are typically 6-8 presentations in a single session.
- Speakers should be selected primarily for their current contributions to the topic area.
- Speakers should be as representative of researchers in the area as possible.
Preparation of the Proposal:
The Session organizer should provide the following pieces of information:
- Title: Describe the subject of your session as accurately and specifically as possible in no more than 10 words.
- Organizer: Provide your full name, title, professional affiliation, address, telephone number, and, when available, fax number and e-mail address.
- Summary: Describe your session in no more than 100 words. The summary should be written to attract those who specifically work on your topic as well as those who work in related areas. Based on experience, we suggest the following outline:
- Explain the problem area to be addressed by the speakers and why it is important in significant applications.
- Identify current directions of research and methods being developed to solve problems, including their advantages and shortcomings.
- Describe the scope of your session.
- Speakers: Provide the names and addresses of at least four speakers.
- November 15, 2019: deadline for the submission of sessions and panels topics
- December 31, 2019: deadline for the submission of articles submission closed
- March 31, 2020: acceptance/rejection notification
- May 31, 2020: final versions of papers due
- August 2 – 8, 2020: 10th MSAS Conferences
Please help us promote the MSAS 2020 conferences by posting the flyer in your department and across campus.
Download Announcement PDF here